05. Love to Hate!

Running a lil' late on this post! But, its better late then never! The challenge was to photograph something that your loved ones do that drives you crazy... My pet peeve, is when I go to do the dishes, and theres a napkin inside the cup!!! Because by the time I get to it, its nice and soggy. I guess you could say its not my cup of tea... haha.

I was suppose to pay close attention to metering as well as selective focal points. I worked on the metering, but wasn't sure how else to show that dag on napkin in the cup.... So I skipped selective focal points and used it in The Joy of Love's day 6 challenge!




camera tip for today:

Selective focal points and metering
I recommend learning how to use your camera’s selective focal points. You need to read in your camera manual how to do this. Even point and shoot cameras have this ability. Using the selective focal points is more accurate than focusing and recomposing because you are positioning the focal point OVER the exact spot you wish to focus on.

I also recommend using spot metering for portraits. Combined with the selective focal point, you will have the winning combination for a great exposure since the spot metering will be metering off of your subject’s skin and face

1 comment:

  1. I meant to call you today! I really need help with metering! I can't seem to get it right.

    ReplyDelete